As many as 18 girl students of the government hostel in Chintalapudi fell ill due to suspected food poisoning and they were admitted to the area hospital for treatment. Joint Collector Arun Babu suspended hostel warden Nayomi Rani holding her responsible for the incident.
According to official sources, after having dinner in the hostel on Thursday night, 18 girls developed stomach pain and started vomiting. They were admitted to the Government Area Hospital in Chintalapudi. After medical treatment, all except two girls were discharged.
However, the two girls were shifted to the GGH here for better treatment and they are also recovering, he said. District Collector Prasanna Venkatesh visited the girls in the hospital here on Friday. He inquired with the doctors about their health condition and the reasons for the ill health.
Talking to the media, the Collector made it clear that there is no need to worry about the health condition of the girls and that they were recuperating. He said that 18 girl students in the hostel, which is affiliated with the ZP high school, in Chintalapudi fell ill after having dinner on Thursday and were admitted to the hospital. He said the food samples were sent to the laboratory for testing.
Collector Prasanna Venkatesh said that an officer has been appointed to inquire about the reasons for the incident and action would be taken against those responsible officials for the incident as soon as the report of the food samples and the inquiry officer is received. The Collector was accompanied by District Hospital Services Co-ordinator Dr. AVR Mohan, Hospital Superintendent Dr. Vijay Kumar, and RMO Dr P Srinivas. Meanwhile, officials informed that after holding a preliminary investigation on the incident, Joint Collector P Arun Babu suspended hostel warden Nayomi Rani holding her responsible for the food poisoning incident.