Monday, June 24, 2024

Monday Mirchi : Tweaking the 80-20 rule

Must read

With polling completed, at least some of the bureaucrats are getting time to pen their thoughts. Deputy DEO Hyderabad Anudeep Durisetty, who had topped the 2017 UPSC Civil Services Examination, has highlighted the importance of consistency in a blog post. Anudeep Durishetty shared that the idea he has been incorporating in his life is to evaluate consistency over months and years, not days. A realistic metric for being consistent is to give 80% effort on 80% of the days. The rest 20% is the buffer to account for life’s improbabilities. His caveat is that this bit of advice is not a prescription for laziness or procrastination. Anudeep Durishetty’s idea is an interesting tweak of the Pareto Principle, according to which 80% of our output comes from 20% of our efforts.

- Advertisement -spot_img

More articles

- Advertisement -spot_img

Latest article