Friday, December 1, 2023

Onus on Centre to fulfil all bifurcation promises: CM

Must read

Chief Minister Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy held a review meeting with senior officials at the camp office on matters of the 13th schedule of the State Partition Act on Monday.
Union Home Secretary is to head the meeting on Tuesday, and Andhra Pradesh State officials are attending it. Senior officials briefed the Chief Minister on the eve of the meeting regarding the topics to be mentioned at the Centre.
Chief Minister YS Jagan said, “The bifurcation of the State caused severe damage to the divided Andhra Pradesh. Ten years after partition, the provisions of the Act remain the same, and it is the Central government’s responsibility to fulfill the promises. Over 58 percent of the debt is allocated to Andhra Pradesh and 42 percent to Telangana. But in terms of revenue, 58 percent went to Telangana and 42 percent to AP.”
“How will the revenue of the state increase if the Special Status Guarantee, Polavaram dues, and electricity dues from the Telangana government are pending? The scheduled meeting should also focus on Polavaram and special status issues,” said the Chief Minister.
“With Hyderabad and its infrastructure in terms of industrial, road transport, and educational institutions going to Telangana, we have lost a lot in the form of revenue to the state. Adjusting this, the Partition Act promised to provide infrastructure in many sectors. If these are fulfilled then business and commercial activities will be boosted, which increase the revenue gradually,” said the Chief Minister.
“As part of decentralization and comprehensive development, three capitals have been announced. Balanced and integrated development between these areas is our responsibility. Further, a transport system needs to be developed connecting three areas and several road construction projects are already underway. The programs require comprehensive support and assistance from the Central Government,” the Chief Minister added.
The center has promised a new Central Agriculture University, construction of Dugarajapatnam port, a steel plant in Kadapa, and allotment of mines from NMDC, and for all these, pressure should be increased on the Center to fulfill it, the Chief Minister tells the officials.
“There is a need for a high-speed rail corridor from Visakhapatnam to Rayalaseema region. Push for superfast trains to Kadapa via Visakhapatnam – Kurnool. Further Vizag, Vijayawada, and Tirupati airports will be converted into international airports. Navy operations in Visakhapatnam were causing severe disruption to civil aviation, and it necessitated the relocation and construction of Bhogapuram Airport,” he said.
“Special attention should be paid to the issue of the road connecting Visakhapatnam and Bhogapuram Airport in the ongoing meeting with the Centre. The state government had to acquire land for the Bhogapuram airport like in Vijayawada. Regarding Visakha Metro Rail, as the private developer is bearing 60 percent, Centre has to bear the remaining 40 percent including land acquisition,” CM told  the officials.
“The division of assets between the two states is still pending and attention should also be paid to the division of common assets in different bank accounts,” the chief minister said.

- Advertisement -spot_img

More articles

- Advertisement -spot_img

Latest article