PNS | Vijayawada
The high-power screening committee on Dr YSR Lifetime Achievement and Dr. YSR Achievement Awards-2023 has announced the list of institutions and individuals receiving the honours. Announcing the list here on Thursday, Advisor to Government (Communi-cations), GVD Krishna Mohan said that Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy has approved the committee’s recommendations to present 23 YSR Life Time Achievement Awards and four YSR Achievement Awards.
The Chief Minister will present the awards on November 1, AP Formation Day. The selection was made based on their exceptional contribution to the fields like agriculture, arts and culture, Telugu language and literature, sports, medicine and health, media and social service, he said, adding that the selected institutions and individuals have excelled in their respective spheres contributing to the overall development of the society.
Dr. YSR Lifetime Achievement Award carries a cash prize of Rs. 10 lakh, a bronze figurine of Dr. YSR, a souvenir, and a commendation letter while a cash prize of Rs. 5 lakh, a souvenir and commendation letter are awarded under the Dr. YSR Achievement Award. The awards are being given for the third successive year.
Government Adviser (Public Affairs) Sajjala Ramakrishna Reddy, National Media Advisor Devulapalli Amar, Advisor (Communications) GVD Krishna Mohan, Chief Minister’s Political Secretary Muthyala Raju, I and PR Commissioner T. Vijayakumar Reddy and Principal Secretaries of various departments were members of the screening committee.
The following is the list of individuals and institutions selected for the prestigious awards.
- Ms.Pangi Vineeta (Achievement Award)
- YV Malla Reddy (Anantapuram district)
Arts and Culture:
- Yadla Gopala Rao, Stage artist (Srikakulam dist)
- Talisetti Mohan , Kalamkari (Tirupati district)
- Kota Sachidananda Sastry, Harikatha (Bapatla dist)
- Kona Sanyasi, Tappetagullu (Srikakulam dist)
- Uppada Handloom Weavers’ Cooperative Society (Kakinada)
- SV Rama Rao, painting (Krishna District)
- Ravu Bala Saraswati, playback singer (Nellore dist)
- Tallavajjhula Sivaji, journalist and writer (Prakasam district)
- Chingicherla Krishna Reddy, folk arts (Anantapuram district)
- Ms.Kali Sahebi Mahboob and Shaik Mahaboob Suban , Nadaswaram ( Prakasam district)
Telugu language and literature:
- Prof Bethatvolu Ramabrahmam (West Godavari district)
- Khadir Babu (Nellore district)
- Mahaojabeen (Nellore district) Achievement Award
- Namini Subrahmanyam Naidu (Chittoor district)
- Attada Appalanaidu (Srikakulam district)
- Pullela Gopichand (Guntur district)
- Karanam Malleswari (Srikakulam district)
Medical and Health:
- Indla Ramasubba Reddy, Psychiatrist (NTR district)
- EC Vinay Kumar Reddy, ENT specialist (YSR district)
- Govindaraju Chakradhar (Krishna district)
- HRK (Kurnool district)
- Bejawada Wilson (NTR district)
- Syam Mohan (Ambedkar Kona seema district) Achievement Award
- Nirmal Hriday Bhavan (NTR district)
- G Samaram (NTR district)